With many reputable websites and sports magazines publishing their respective top 100 NBA players lists for each upcoming season, I can’t help but be shocked, angry, and sometimes amused by some of these so-called “experts” opinions and rankings. From ESPN ranking Carmelo Anthony at 64, to Sports Illustrated and the Washington Post demoting Kyrie Irving nearly 10 spots from the previous year despite having his best season, some, actually most, of these rankings are complete garbage. Most of these rankings, I’m looking at you, ESPN and Bleacher Report, get too wrapped up in advanced metrics that no one really understands. While others, Slam Magazine, just rank players based on big names and high point totals.
My rankings combine both of these along with the good old-fashioned eye test to determine who the real top 100 NBA players are. Some of you may disagree, so comment and share to see where we agree and where we differ. Let’s keep it moving and see who falls between 71 and 80.
80. Markieff Morris- PF, Washington Wizards
79. Nikola Vucevic- C, Orlando Magic
78. Trevor Ariza- SF, Houston Rockets
77. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope- SG, Los Angeles Lakers
76. Markelle Fultz- PG, Philadelphia 76ers
75. Victor Oladipo- SG, Indiana Pacers
74. Zach LaVine- SG, Chicago Bulls
73. Patrick Beverley- PG, Los Angeles Clippers
72. Robert Covington- SF, Philadelphia 76ers
71. JJ Redick- SG, Philadelphia 76ers